Book your IAD to MSY flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to New Orleans airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and MSY, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to MSY Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from New Orleans (MSY), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from New Orleans on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to MSY Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to MSY
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to New Orleans (IAD to MSY)
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and New Orleans is 954 miles.
- Shuttle America carried a total of 32,112 passengers from IAD to MSY in 2009.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Washington to New Orleans.
- UNITED operates the shortest flights from Washington to New Orleans.
- Flight #477, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 6 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to New Orleans.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to New Orleans, LA takes about 140 minutes.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to New Orleans in 2009 was 72.21%.
- There were 62,871 passengers that flew from Washington to New Orleans in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to MSY in 2009 was Republic Airlines' EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- Shuttle America, UNITED, Gojet Airlines, Republic Airlines offer flights from Washington, DC to New Orleans, LA.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to MSY for Gojet Airlines is the RJ-700 built by Canadair with 66 seats.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to New Orleans, LA in 2009 was Gojet Airlines' RJ-700 from Canadair which started flying in 1990.
- 88,058 seats were available on flights from IAD to MSY in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 62,871 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to MSY that year.
- UNITED operated flights from IAD to MSY using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between IAD and MSY takes about 140 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and New Orleans from UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- In 2009, there were 4 airline companies operating between Washington and New Orleans.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Rental Cars Las Vegas? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in San Francisco you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Vegas Trips today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.