Book your IAD to PHX flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Phoenix airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and PHX, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to Sky Harbor Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to PHX Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Phoenix (PHX), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Phoenix on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to PHX Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to Sky Harbor Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to PHX
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Phoenix (IAD to PHX)
- Flight #953, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 4 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Phoenix.
- UNITED operated flights from IAD to PHX using 3 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight between IAD and PHX takes about 267 minutes.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Washington and Phoenix.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Phoenix, AZ takes about 268 minutes.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Phoenix from UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- 85,464 seats were available on flights from IAD to PHX in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 69,449 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to PHX that year.
- There were 69,449 passengers that flew from Washington to Phoenix in 2009.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to PHX for UNITED is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 120 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to PHX in 2009 was American Airlines' B737-8 from Boeing. The B737-8 started flying in 1998.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Phoenix, AZ in 2009 was UNITED's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED carried a total of 41,290 passengers from IAD to PHX in 2009.
- UNITED, US Airways operate the shortest flights from Washington to Phoenix.
- UNITED, US Airways, American Airlines offer flights from Washington, DC to Phoenix, AZ.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Phoenix is 1956 miles.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Phoenix in 2009 was 80.53%.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Phoenix.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for National Rental? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Tepic Nayarit and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hotels in Kenya you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.