Book your IAD to PIT flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Pittsburgh airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and PIT, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to Pittsburgh Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to PIT Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Pittsburgh (PIT), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Pittsburgh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to PIT Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to Pittsburgh Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to PIT
|Continental Airlines||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 Dash 8Q|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer 170|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|United Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|United Airlines||De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 Dash 8Q|
|United Airlines||Embraer 170|
|United Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Pittsburgh (IAD to PIT)
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Pittsburgh is 183 miles.
- Shuttle America, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, American Connection, Air Greenland, ExpressJet Airlines, Delta Airlines, Air Canada offer flights from Washington, DC to Pittsburgh, PA.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to PIT for American Connection is the EMB-145 built by Embraer with 50 seats.
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Pittsburgh.
- In 2009, there were 8 airline companies operating between Washington and Pittsburgh.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Pittsburgh in 2009 was 71.31%.
- Shuttle America carried a total of 45,364 passengers from IAD to PIT in 2009.
- The shortest flight between IAD and PIT takes about 35 minutes.
- ExpressJet Airlines, go Operated by Mesa Airlines operate the shortest flights from Washington to Pittsburgh.
- Air Greenland operated flights from IAD to PIT using 2 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to PIT in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- There were 83,294 passengers that flew from Washington to Pittsburgh in 2009.
- 111,916 seats were available on flights from IAD to PIT in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 83,294 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to PIT that year.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Pittsburgh from Air Greenland is the B737-8 built by Boeing with 173 seats.
- Flight #7003, operated by go Operated by Mesa Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 39 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Pittsburgh.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Pittsburgh, PA in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Pittsburgh, PA takes about 35 minutes.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Flights to Key West and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Monterey Bay Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.