Book your IAD to RDU flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to Raleigh airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and RDU, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to Raleigh Durham Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to RDU Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from Raleigh (RDU), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Raleigh on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to RDU Route Map
Expedia offers amazing deals on flights around the world. Find Airline Tickets to Las Vegas and feel confident that your online booking experience will be fast and easy.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Hawaii Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best New York City Tours today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to Raleigh Durham Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to RDU
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Canadair Regional Jet 700|
|Continental Airlines||Embraer RJ145 Amazon|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to Raleigh (IAD to RDU)
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to Raleigh, NC takes about 40 minutes.
- go Operated by Mesa Airlines offers the shortest flight times from Washington to Raleigh.
- UNITED operated flights from IAD to RDU using 5 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to Raleigh, NC in 2009 was Air Canada's A320-1/2 from Airbus Industrie which started flying in 1990.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to Raleigh in 2009 was 72.03%.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to RDU for American Eagle is the EMB-140 built by Embraer with 44 seats.
- UNITED carried a total of 81,331 passengers from IAD to RDU in 2009.
- 176,396 seats were available on flights from IAD to RDU in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 123,793 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to RDU that year.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and Raleigh from UNITED is the B757-2 built by Boeing with 182 seats.
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to RDU in 2009 was Shuttle America's EMB-170 from Embraer. The EMB-170 started flying in 2004.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and Raleigh is 224 miles.
- Flight #7324, operated by go Operated by Mesa Airlines, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 43 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to Raleigh.
- In 2009, there were 8 airline companies operating between Washington and Raleigh.
- There were 123,793 passengers that flew from Washington to Raleigh in 2009.
- The shortest flight between IAD and RDU takes about 39 minutes.
- UNITED, Shuttle America, go Operated by Mesa Airlines, American Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines, American Eagle, Air Greenland, Air Canada offer flights from Washington, DC to Raleigh, NC.
- UNITED, go Operated by Mesa Airlines operate the shortest flights from Washington to Raleigh.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)