Book your IAD to SFO flights with Expedia and find last-minute Washington, DC to San Francisco airfare. Expedia offers discount airfare on multiple airline carriers that fly direct and indirect routes between IAD and SFO, with new flight deals and promotions almost daily. When you book your next trip from Washington Dulles Intl. to San Francisco Intl. with Expedia, you can rest assured you’re getting great ticket prices and excellent service from one of the world’s most trusted travel providers.
IAD to SFO Flight Schedule
Browse popular flight destinations from Washington, DC (IAD), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from Washington, DC on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
Browse popular flight destinations from San Francisco (SFO), and plan your next exciting trip. Expedia has cheap flights from San Francisco on multiple airline carriers, so book your next trip today!
IAD to SFO Route Map
Route information for flights from Washington Dulles Intl. to San Francisco Intl..
Airline carriers and aircraft used on flights from IAD to SFO
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A319|
|Continental Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|Continental Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|United Airlines||Airbus A319|
|United Airlines||Airbus A320-100/200|
|United Airlines||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|United Airlines||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|US Airways||Airbus A319|
|US Airways||Airbus A320-100/200|
|US Airways||Boeing 757-200 pax|
|US Airways||Boeing 777 all pax models|
|Virgin America||Airbus A319|
|Virgin America||Airbus A320-100/200|
Interesting Facts About Flights from Washington, DC to San Francisco (IAD to SFO)
- The newest aircraft servicing IAD to SFO in 2009 was Northwest Airlines' A319 from Airbus Industrie. The A319 started flying in 1997.
- UNITED operated flights from IAD to SFO using 7 types of aircraft in 2009.
- The shortest flight distance between Washington and San Francisco is 2419 miles.
- The largest aircraft servicing flights between Washington and San Francisco from UNITED is the B747-4 built by Boeing with 367 seats.
- In 2009, there were 3 airline companies operating between Washington and San Francisco.
- The oldest aircraft servicing trips from Washington, DC to San Francisco, CA in 2009 was UNITED's B757-2 from Boeing which started flying in 1990.
- UNITED operates the shortest flights from Washington to San Francisco.
- The shortest flight between IAD and SFO takes about 318 minutes.
- The smallest aircraft servicing flights from IAD to SFO for Northwest Airlines is the A319 built by Airbus Industrie with 54 seats.
- UNITED, Virgin America, Northwest Airlines offer flights from Washington, DC to San Francisco, CA.
- Flight #846, operated by UNITED, was the flight with the most delays in 2009, with 17 minutes average delay between flights from Washington to San Francisco.
- UNITED offers the shortest flight times from Washington to San Francisco.
- UNITED carried a total of 459,051 passengers from IAD to SFO in 2009.
- The average flight time from Washington, DC to San Francisco, CA takes about 318 minutes.
- 663,238 seats were available on flights from IAD to SFO in 2009. Of those seats, a total of 580,451 passengers flew on all flights from IAD to SFO that year.
- There were 580,451 passengers that flew from Washington to San Francisco in 2009.
- The average aircraft occupancy on flights from Washington to San Francisco in 2009 was 85.62%.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)
Looking for Car Rental San Francisco? We offer excellent daily rates from the top rental car companies.
With tens of thousands of hotels to choose from including Nashville Hotels you will always find the best place to stay on Expedia.
Find the best Cancun Vacation today. Get a flight, hotel and rental car at the best online rates.